Food is a nutritious substance that can be consumed by humans and animals alike, for the major reason of maintaining the processes of life and growth. It is an essential necessity for survival. Food is so important that even from the womb, we need it for survival. There are various kinds of food, depending on what age bracket one is in. baby food is quite different from the ones adults consume but they all have one thing in common; they contain all the six classes of nutrients which are grouped into micronutrients (minerals and vitamins, called micronutrients because they are only needed in small quantities) and macronutrients (carbohydrates, fat and protein, called macronutrients because they are needed in larger quantities) needed to nourish the body and keep the immune system active and fighting off diseases.
A combination of the macro and micro nutrients that the body needs together with water, all in the right amounts, is called a balanced diet. It has a whole lot of benefits and some of them include:
• A longer life: Diseases come into the body in a lot of ways, but they attack the immune system and if this system is not strong enough to ward them off, it could lead to dire consequences, like life threatening diseases. Eating healthy food provides the body with nutrients it needs to defend itself from whatever attacks it.
• Improves mood: Food has a great impact on the brain, and has effect on the parts of the brain that affects the brain. Maintaining a stable blood sugar level always helps one feel better. And some kinds of food, like chocolates have been known to help fight off depression.
• Increases productivity: Food gives the body the energy it needs to function for day to day activities.
• Helps you save money: Whenever you're sick, you have to go to the hospital to get treated and that means you have to spend money paying bills and getting medicine. Not falling sick every time is one way to save a lot of money.
Beverages are liquids prepared especially for humans. Although water is also a liquid, it is technically not classified as a beverage. These drinks come in two categories: drinks with alcoholic content and drinks without alcoholic content (juice, soft drinks, and carbonated drinks).
Here are a few health benefits of beverages:
• Drinks that contain milk in them provide calcium and protein to the body.
• Beverages have some water content in them. Really light drinks can keep you hydrated.
• Drinks, e.g soda beverages, that contain sugar in them in the right amount, give you energy.
• A beverage is a good way to keep the hunger at bay, especially when you're on the move or really hungry and you don't have the time.
Food is any substance which is eaten to provide nutritional support for the body. It is needed by the human body for energy, to repair and build body cells and to prevent sickness. It is also needed in the process of healing from an illness. The right food to eat is food rich in nutrients, having a balanced amount of nutrients. This type of food will definitely make a person healthy. Nutrients that the body needs are vitamins, minerals, proteins, carbohydrates, fat, water, etc.
Eating healthy does not necessarily mean that you should deprive yourself of the different types of treats that you love. It is also not about having strict limitations when it comes to your diet of about staying slim. Healthy eating means eating different types of food that will give you the nutrients which your body requires for growth, to look healthy and youthful, and generally, food that makes you feel good.
• Eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Make sure to eat deeply coloured fruits and vegetables as they contain a higher concentration of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which help combat toxic properties in the body.
• Drink plenty of water. Water helps us get hydrated. 6-8 glasses of water is recommended daily.
• There is no such thing as an 'off-limit' food. Foods such as burgers, ice cream, pizza and all those nice snacks that our taste buds cry out for can be enjoyed but make sure to only have them occasionally. The key here is to enjoy them in moderation and mix them with more fresh veges and fruits.
• Drastically minimize your sugar intake as too much sugar ingestion has been linked to diabetes, depression and even weight problems.
• Make sure to eat a lot of food having a high concentration of fiber. Fiber helps the body with a lot of important thing. It helps with bowel movement, lowers your risk for heart disease, stroke, diabetes and it helps to lose weight.
• Make sure to eat food rich in calcium. Calcium is used by the body to build and maintain healthy bones and teeth. It also helps with activities such as sending messages through the nervous system and regulating the heart's rhythm. If a person doesn't get enough calcium in their diet, the body will take calcium from the bones to ensure normal cell function and this can lead to osteoporosis in the future. Food rich in calcium includes dairy products, vegetables, beans, etc.
• Make sure to be involved in a lot of physical activities or exercises. Exercising daily can help maintain weight loss and it ensures that you have a healthy weight.
You can easily shop for your food and beverages online in Nigeria without having to worry about facing the traffic of getting to the mall or the crowds and rowdiness of those places. Shop for processed and frozen foods and beverages of all kinds, be it alcoholic or non-alcoholic. All you need is a few clicks away. Jumia Market offers an extensive list of food and beverages in both retail and wholesale. You can also get your food supplements, weight gain syrups and capsules, grains, dairy products, packs of seasoning and many more. When next you want to do your monthly grocery shopping or when you need to get food supplies for a party, think Jumia Market. You will definitely enjoy a stress-free shopping experience. Check out our website today for healthy and nutritious foods and drinks that will keep your body fit and help you achieve your goal of a longer and healthier life.Shop now and pay cash on delivery.