Honey is a delicious sticky yellowish brown fluid that is made by bees and other kinds of insects from the nectar collected from flowers. The variety that is consumed by humans is produced by the kind of bees called honeybees. It has so many uses and can be used in more ways than just being ingested in the body. It also contains a lot of nutrients and is very healthy. It is definitely something everyone should consume.
As earlier mentioned, honey is made by honeybees, which use the nectar in the flowers they forage. Take a honeysuckle blossom for example. When you pull the flower from the stem, a clear liquid drops from the end of the blossom. This clear liquid is called "nectar". Other flowers where nectar can be gotten from, especially in North America, include dandelions, berry bushes and clovers. Honey is made with the aid of two kinds of bees, the ones mentioned above and the worker bees. The honey bees get the nectar from the flowers and store it in their "honey stomachs", which they go about gathering from different flowers. When this particular stomach is full, the honeybees return to the hive to pass on the nectar to the worker bees. These bees suck it out of the honeybees and chew them in their mouth for about 30 minutes, creating enzymes that break down the complex sugars into simple sugars so that it is easily digestible for the bees. Then the nectar is spread so that water can be evaporated from it, making it into a thicker syrup that is known as honey.
Honey contains a lot of nutrients and vitamins that provides the body with what it needs to be healthy. Some of them include:
• Copper: helps with the production of energy, the formation of collagen and increases the absorption of iron.
• Calcium: besides helping to build and maintain strong bones, calcium is also very effective in protecting the body against illnesses like cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure.
• Iron: helps in the production of hemoglobin and red blood cells. It also helps to metabolize the proteins in the body.
• Potassium: helps in relieving illnesses like stroke, blood pressure and kidney disorders.
• Vitamin B5: helps to alleviate conditions like asthma, allergies. Stress and anxiety. Also helps to battle respiratory disorders.
Natural honey can be used in so many versatile ways, minus just being consumed. There are also beauty procedures that honey have been involved in, like exfoliating and pore cleansing. This is because honey has a lot of nutrients that help to keep the skin hydrated and well nourished. Honey is a good remedy for coughs and sleepless nights. Also, honey is a good way to treat burns and wounds, and treat dandruff. The uses of honey are endless and a bottle in your home could go a long way in generally making your body and life easier and healthier.
Shop for your pure honey on the no 1 online marketplace in Nigeria simply by placing your orders and having them delivered to your home. Enjoy all the benefits of honey without having to spend so much when you shop on Jumia Market.