When one decides to live healthy, there are a couple of things they have to check off of their list to make sure they get it right. And since everyone wants to live a long and healthy life, they always want to get it right. People start to exercise, sleep well and rest more. But one of the most important things people focus on is the kind of food they consume. People who want to eat healthy tend to stay away from junk food and eat more healthy meals. These are the foods that gives the body all the nutrients it needs and the immune system all the things it would require to build antibodies to fight off diseases.
One of the healthiest categories of food to eat today is seafood. Sea food is basically any form of sea life that has been regarded and can be consumed as food by humans. There are different kinds, all varying in tastes and flavors they bring, and also the kinds of nutrients they can add to the body. Different kinds of seafood can be grouped into three categories. These include:
• Mollusc: these kinds of seafood have a soft unsegmented body and live in aquatic or damp habitats. Most of them have an external calcareous shell and foods in this group include snails, oysters, squid, octopus and clams to mention a few.
• Crustacean: also called shellfish, these are seafood that has several pairs of legs and a body made up of sections that are covered in a hard outer shell. They are an arthropod of the large, mainly aquatic group. Foods in this group include crab, shrimps, crayfish, lobster and prawns.
• Fish: fish is the most commonly patronized seafood category. They are limbless cold blooded animals with gills for breathing and fins and they live wholly in water. They are also unpopularly known as chordates and some of them include Salmon, Tuna, mackerel, Titus, catfish, croaker and trout.
The benefits of eating seafood are endless. Not only are they delicious, they are a million other reasons why there should be part of our diet. Some of them include:
• Good eye health: seafood contains omega-3 fatty acids, which help to protect the eyes of people with age related macular degeneration, a condition of the eyes that makes eyesight blurred. It also contains retinol, a form of vitamin A which helps to boost night vision.
• Provision of important nutrients: think of a morsel of seafood, packed with all the goodness the body needs. Eating fish provides the body with a healthy dose of iodine, calcium, potassium and zinc, each with its own addition to the body. Calcium helps to build strong bones, iodine makes the thyroid gland function better and selenium provides the body with enzymes that protects the body from cancer.
• Protection of the lungs: fish helps to keep the lungs healthy and strong. It has also been known to help relieve the symptoms of asthma in kids, or completely prevent them.
• A better skin: fish helps to fight skin conditions like eczema and is a great source of protein, which is an essential ingredient of collagen, which helps to keep the skin firm.
Shop for different kinds of seafood of your choice and enjoy the fresh goodness Jumia Market would bring to your doorstep. Find amazing prices for fresh shrimp, fish, lobsters and crabs and have them delivered to you, with no hassle at all. Find all the amazing quality of food we can bring to you when you shop on the no 1 online marketplace in Nigeria.