Water sports are sports which are carried out on water. There are quite a number of sports which involves water. Water sports can be divided into three basic categories:
Activities carried out in the water: These are sports such as swimming, water polo, synchronized swimming, water aerobics, water gymnastics, snorkeling, diving, water slide, fin swimming, and many more.
Activities carried out under water: These are sports such as scuba diving, free diving, underwater rugby, underwater hockey, and many more.
Activities carried out near the water: These are sports such as boating, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, motor boating, sailing, water skiing, wind surfing and many more.
Swimming: This is a sport or activity which involves propelling oneself through water using the arms and legs. Apart from the fun and relaxation, people also learn to swim as one of the survival trainings.
Canoeing: Canoeing is a sport or recreational activity which involves paddling a canoe usually with a single-bladed paddle. A canoe is a type of boat which ranges in size and is used with a paddle to move through a water body.
Surfing: This is a sport which involves riding a wave towards the shore while standing or lying on the surfboard.
Fishing: This is a water activity which involves catching fish either as food or as a sport.
• When you are involved in water sports, all your body muscles are also involved. Therefore, water sports help increase metabolism and they provide a healthy appetite.
• Quite a number of water sports and good for arthritis patients.
• The calming nature of water activities helps keep the blood sugar level normal and this reduces the risk diabetes. Moreover, getting involved in water activities help reduce the risk of heart disease.
• Some water sports like canoeing, etc can improve bone density and so they are able to help avoid osteoporosis in old age.
• Water activities are very relaxing and this makes them great sports to help improve mental health.
• Knowing how to swim is the main requirement for anyone to be successful in doing all water sports.
• Even if you are a great swimmer, make sure to always wear a life jacket whenever you are out at sea.
• Have the habit of checking the weather and sea condition before you begin any water activity.
• Capture the moment
Kaymu offers a variety of water sports accessories such as swim suits, life jackets, and many others at affordable prices. You can also get outdoor sports accessories here without much stress. Shop now and pay cash on delivery.